At Park Hill we provide opportunities for pupils to develop the habit of regular charitable giving by raising money for a variety of local, national and international charities. This encourages children to take their place as active members of the world community, developing individual strengths and being tolerant and respectful of others. It raises awareness of the vital role that charities play in improving the lives of others.
Below is a list of charities that the school has fund-raised for; the list is not exhaustive and may include responding to specific local or national appeals:
- Birmingham Children’s Hospital (our nominated charity for 2017-19) = £1,,510.98
- NSPCC (National Number Day) = £217.25
- Save the Children (Christmas Jumper day) = £388.20
- Comic Relief 2017 = £989.74
- Sport Relief 2018 = £818.92
- Children in Need = £654.09
- The Royal British Legion (Poppy appeal) = £382.98
- Gambian School Project (2016) = £3,738.54
- One-off Emergency Appeals e.g. Earthquakes/ Tsunami – Islamic Relief
- The school will also seek to support pupils if they wish to initiate an event.
Choosing our nominated charity
Each year, in the Summer term for the following academic year, the children who have been elected to Park Hill’s School Council will choose our official nominated charity for the year ahead. Anyone can suggest a charity for the School Council to consider by e-mailing the school email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the attention of Miss Marsden, School Council lead. The Park Hill nominated charity should be one which reflects our school ethos and values and we are particularly keen to encourage charities which are local and/or support children and young people. To make sure we have a balance, our official nominated charity will change each year.
Parents and Friends of Park Hill
The Friends and Parents of Park Hill raise funds to buy resources that enrich the education of the children at Park Hill School and to provide a forum for parental participation in the school community. The school actively supports their work; the main fund-raising event is the Summer Fair in July.