Parents and Friends of Park Hill
The Parents and Friends of Park Hill are a group of parents and carers from the school community who help raise funds for the school throughout the year and support school staff in developing activities to support our pupils. If you are interested in being involved in the group's work e-mail the group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are a friendly group of parents and carers who are active in supporting our pupils, staff and the wider school community. Activities are on hold due to Covid-19, but we usually have open meetings every half term (usually at the start of each half term) where we make key decisions . Notes from these meetings are circulated in the school newsletter and on this website. We have an elected committee who focus on shaping the work and liaising directly with school staff.
So far our successes include
- Raising funds for the school through cake and samosa sales every half term.
- Raising additional funds through using the www.easyfundraising.org.uk site and through the Stikins scheme.
- Creating a volunteer led Monday Lunch Club for pupils for selected pupils to enjoy arts and craft activities. We are on the look-out for more volunteers, so if you want to be involved then get in touch!
- A parent and carer led Gardening Club every half term to support the school's Environment Club as well as termly events for parents and carers of Reception and Nursery pupils to join in with gardening activities with their children.
- Supporting an after-school Drama Club for selected Year 4 pupils with Friction Arts.
- A Book Swap for World Book Week so that all pupils take home a book of their choice.
If you have ideas to add then let us know!